Insurance & Payment
CUHCC accepts most private insurance plans, Medical Assistance, and Medicare. If you are unsure whether your insurance is accepted, please call a billing specialist at 612-624-2961.
Uninsured patients seeking Behavioral Health services are required to seek care in the county where they live. Patients who live outside of Hennepin County will be referred to their county of residence for services.
- We accept cash, check, Visa or MasterCard
- If you cannot pay the full amount at the time of service, CUHCC will take any payment that you can make and will bill you for the rest.
- CUHCC's billing representatives can help you set up a payment plan.
- We do not refuse service if you are not able to pay.
- Call a billing specialist at 612-624-2961 to make a payment over the phone or to set up a payment plan.
Sliding Fee Discount Program
The following visit fees are due at the time of service. The visit fee is the only charge for services you receive at CUHCC. Learn more about the Sliding Fee Discount Program.
- A Medical Visit includes all face-to-face visits with a doctor or nurse practitioner.
- A Lab/Immunization Visit includes visits with a nurse or the lab for shots, blood draws, and other tests. You will not be charged a separate lab visit fee if you are seeing a doctor or nurse practitioner
- Some types of services do not qualify for the Sliding Fee Discount Program, including circumcision and INS exams.
To apply for CUHCC's Sliding Fee Discount Program, you will need to provide:
- A photo identification card
- Proof of your household income
- Names and birthdates of household members
More information may be required to apply for Medical Assistance or insurance through MNsure.
No Insurance? No Problem.
CUHCC will provide medical care even if you cannot afford to pay.
If you do not have insurance, we can help you apply for MNsure, Medical Assistance, dental coverage for children, and other programs that might cover your services. A Patient Services Representative can help you apply during your appointment.
We also offer a Sliding Fee Discount Program. Eligibility is based on your income and family size. The Sliding Fee Discount Program is available to all patients, regardless of citizenship.
Uninsured patients should get Behavioral health services in the county where they live. Patients who live outside of Hennepin County will be referred to their county of residence for services.